How Programs are Funded

Children’s Overnight Respite

Our Children’s Overnight Respite programs are primarily funded by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services, covering 97% of our operational budget. To bridge the remaining 3% and ensure sustainability, we rely on a parental contribution of $10.00 per overnight visit.

Adult Day Program

Our Adult Day Program is backed by the Ministry of Community and Social Services, allocating funding for six spots available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from September to June each year. Families utilizing funded spots are asked to contribute a daily fee of $10.00 to cover program supplies.

Additionally, we extend our services to the community by offering spots families can purchase on a fee-for-servioce basis using Passport funding.  To make the program more accessible, we facilitate partnerships among clients seeking support in the Adult Day Program, allowing them to share the cost of a support staff.

Adult Overnight Respite

The Adult Respite program benefits from funding provided by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services, allowing us to offer two beds for 356 days annually. In addition to this support, we rely on a parental contribution of $28.75 per day to help sustain our operations. Outside of these allocated days, we extend respite services on a fee-for-service basis, with families having the option to utilize Passport funding or make private contributions for accessing these services. Our esteemed partner, the Ottawa Rotary Home Foundation, plays a pivotal role in sustaining our operations through event hosting and securing grants, sponsorships, and private donations from compassionate individuals and community groups. Additionally, our social enterprise, Community Support Training Solutions, directs its profits back into providing respite services for our community.

Adult Residential Programs

The Adult Residential Programs receive base funding from the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services for each resident. In addition to this support, adult residents contribute a daily per diem from the funding they receive through the Ontario Disability Support Program. This combined funding ensures the provision of essential services and support for our residents, enabling them to live fulfilling and independent lives within our homes.

Community Nursing Programs

Our Community Nurse Consultant program is funded by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services (MCCSS). It provides clinical support to Developmentla Services Transfer Payment Agencies in the Ottawa area.

Our Direct Support Nursing Program operates on a fee-for-service basis for all agencies agencies in the greater Ottawa area.  Agencies often utalize this program when they require direct support nursing care for one or more of their residents, securing services on a fee-for-service basis.